BIP, Power & Control Training
21-Hour Power and Control Training
Working With Men who Batter
This Training is targeted specifically for those individuals who:
- Work with Clients who Batter
- Work with families impacted by Family Violence (victims)
- Are interested in becoming a state approved facilitator and/or certified assessor.
- Facilitators/certified assessors seeking to refresh their perspective and receive annual continuing education contact training hours.
What to expect from this training:
- Gain knowledge of the latest statues, Laws and policies effecting both victims and perpetrators of Domestic Violence.
- Gain awareness of the Cultural/Historical perspective of Domestic Violence and the dynamics of Power and Control.
- Gain Understanding and accountability measures in the role of the facilitator with regard to Victim Contact and Safety Planning. The importance of referring victims to a certified Domestic Violence Center for intervention. Understanding collaboration.
- Lethality Assessment – stalking, substance abuse, and mental health.
- Gather additional material on the effects Domestic Violence on children.
- Recognize The need to understand diversity and how to become more cultural competent & modified interventions to reach special populations – elderly, disabled, language barriers, and people of color, gay/lesbian, and juveniles.
- Understand how to utilize the Power and Control Wheels, and effective use curriculum , enhance you facilitator skills within the group setting.
Approved by the Florida Department of Children & Families, Office of Domestic Violence Programs for BIP Facilitator/Assessor Training
Upcoming Training Schedule
8-Hour Substance Abuse Training Specific to Domestic Violence Clients / 21-Hour Power & Control Training
January 24-26, 2013